Thursday, June 5, 2008

White House


The last day we were in DC we decided to explore the city after getting most of the relatives to the airport. I have no idea what was actually going on in the city and at the airport but security was high and secret service guys were sprinkled liberally around the airport and downtown. It was sort of like being in a Men In Black movie (I did see tons of pugs on this trip!). Anyhow, after walking for hours we ended up at the White House. As kid I used to go for tours there and walk around. Nowdays it is barricaded and there are guards hidden. Things got a little tense when I climbed on the fence to take a picture since I wasn't tall enough to get one through the fence otherwise. No one said a word to me but the guys on the roof popped up and the guard behind us moved closer. At least I was socially aware enough to realize I was creating tension...imagine if I was totally unaware. Oops!

No comments: