Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Double Post

I felt this was important to post on both my blog and myspace to help clarify my reasons for drumming this Friday.

I am drumming at the traveling Vietnam War Memorial in Boulder this Friday evening. After agreeing to do this with a small group of people I realized that it could be misinterpreted by not only people in my family but others outside of Boulder County. I have spent time looking at my personal reasons for doing this gesture.

Drumming is spiritual for me. It's my way of enhancing the power of the the wall. It's about the heartbeat of the world...honoring people, families, and life. It's not about politics - not about the war - it's about the lifeline or pulse that connects people heart to heart around the world.

We have been careful to be aware to not overshadow the reading of the names.... we may play at a slight distance and we have chosen a piece called the Welcome Wave to do in rounds that is based on the heartbeat. Hopefully this will help heal and pull people together and create harmony.

No comments: