Friday, March 21, 2008

Stress Eating

I know that I am definitely a stress eater! Somehow, I know it and do it anyhow which is pretty pathetic. Today I took Grandpa to H&R Block to have his taxes done. Things were going well until the tax lady asked Grandpa if he was doing Ok and had a pleasant experience. Well, Grandpa in his loud voice (I do come by mine honestly) informed her that he's old....almost 93, has diarrhea, and that she's taking his money. He insisted that 1)...he's already paid taxes on his money when he got his pension and 2)... the money in his account isn't even his so why is he paying the taxes on it? Then he demanded to see the account statement (which he's seen many times before) only to look at them and then tell us that he couldn't see them and it made no sense... duh! It actually turned out great because now his taxes are done... I just need to write checks for the amount he owes. Another year for Grandpa out of the way!

No comments: