Monday, December 22, 2008

Simple Moments

I'm wishing you all a Merry Christmas! I may be offline for a couple of days but I wish you all a Happy Holiday season and fun with family, friends and even strangers! Stay safe and warm and enjoy the simple moments of life... the hot chocolate, hot buttered rum, lingering talks around the table, new recipes, board games, movies, music, books, hugs, and just being with family and friends. May you all have a cat in your tree or other moments that hold your smile!

As I wrote this I realized that it is indeed the simple moments that make the holidays so enriched. It's the moments that you usually don't slow down enough to acknowledge that are truly the most treasured in the long run. It's not the long awaited toy, video game, vehicle or money but the heart warming moments shared with other people... some family and friends and some not. I wish you all the calming breath to see and feel the shared moments. Make a snow angel, go for a walk, hold hands, smile, talk about nothing, just be there for each other.

No comments: