Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Inner Dialogue

Do You ever notice how your inner dialogue gets in your way sometimes? Without even thinking or even being aware of it we tend to listen to this tape of programmed thoughts that we carry with us! Today is Tuesday so tonight is my advanced drumming night. I love this group! This group is more supportive than my grandmother's corset! This group wants nothing but the best for me. So what's the big deal you say???? Well, at the end of the session we all do a piece where everyone is sort of expected to signal for a solo. I have no idea why this is so hard. I mean ... I can signal on beat... I can get in and out of the circle rhythm perfectly but when it comes time for me to do the actual solo I freak! It all comes down to my inner dialogue. I have to believe in myself that I can do this with a flourish. I've decided that tonight is the night that I will succeed with a short solo. Go Me!

No comments: