Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Drumming



I joined a new drumming group this evening. Natalie and Gail are in the group with me. It appears to be a fun group of about 8 people who are willing to meet at the Double Rainbow Ranch twice a month to drum. It's sort of a yoga Buddhist retreat place that is half way between Boulder and Longmont. We learned root and accompaniment rhythms which we used in structured and nonstructured patterns. There was a meditation drum period along with just plain fun. It will be the one activity to save my sanity with elder care.

Did I mention that I have to take it down a notch for the meditation part. I'm so frickin excited to be out of the house that I sort of am like a bull in the china shop. Kind of like dancing at Deadwood. Hmmm...I'll work on that coool!

No comments: