Thursday, December 20, 2007

Texture

Recently I have been going through old pictures of my family. Specifically when I was a cute little girl who morphed into an awkward teen etc. (You know how it goes and I know you all have those pictures of yourself in your background that you just look at and go...I don't believe it...or much stronger language.) Anyhow, after looking at the pictures for awhile I started to notice the backgrounds. I realized that it's the background that adds texture to our lives..it's those little details that we don't think about that add up to be important. One small background detail for me was the paper bag sculptures that my dad used to make. We would grocery shop at the commissary once a month and we would have tons of paper bags. My dad would make little people, turkey's, reindeers and other little animals. In the pictures we would have all these 3-4 feet high paper bag people and animals in the background. I realize now how special those were.

No comments: