Saturday, November 3, 2007

Dental Drama

Dental drama
Current mood: hurting

The dental drama has been going on for a few days now. There's good and bad to it. It all started about two days ago when I felt a twinge in my lower right jaw. Now I've had a root canal in the general area so I'm thinking no big deal...just phantom pain right...well noooooo. By Friday morning I was in major pain! You know the pain had to bad when I even left burrito breakfast...after all nothing interferes with Friday morning burritos at Santiago's! I just knew that I hurt so bad I needed to do something. I went to the dentist office (the one I had to change to when my insurance changed....sort of like the dentist from Little Shop of Horrors) and explained that I was in pain. The receptionist looked right at me and said...we don't take walk ins....now I'm a patient for at least two years..so like WTF. In pain I'm trying to be very nice and explain I'm not just a walk in...I'm a patient without an appointment. In my mind there is a difference...in hers there wasn't. Through the conversation I am finALLY TOLD THAT I AM NO LONGER ON THE ROSTER AND THEY CAN'T SEE ME! Well I did what everyone in the country has to do...I went home and called my insurance company. Turns out that my retirement plan changed insurance and actually upgraded my dental insurance so now I can go to ANY dentist!!!!!!!! Now I'm in pain but very happy because even though my favorite dentist has retired, I can now go to his partner. (Who doesn't happen to work on Fridays but Hey....what's a little pain when you get to go back to the guy you like?! ..that and a little Hydrocodone and ice cubes will get you through the weekend.) I even made it back to burritos before everyone left. BTW...this should make Nat's singing recital this Sunday interesting!

7:43 AM - 0 Comments -

No comments: