Friday, November 9, 2007

Teaching Peace

I attended a fundraiser the other evening for Teaching Peace. I could talk about the terrific art gallery or the fabulous desserts or even the funky wine but....what really got me was a statement that I heard. This is an organization that supports alternatives in the criminal justice system. It's a place for people to learn from each other and to grow and hopefully interrupt a pathway that might become a repeat offender. Anyhow, the quote that I heard is attributed to Bev Title and it goes something like this: "We may not be able to change the world but we can kick ass in our own little corner of it." This quote has stuck with me and I keep thinking about it. It's very motivating to remind ourselves to take one step at a time. Do what you can in your own neighborhood or even household and someday the light of peace will spread! Peace is not a passive action but rather an active action. We must choose peace for it to happen!

No comments: