Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Disaster Day

Yesterday was a day of minor disasters... in fact the day sort of built on the concept of if it could go wrong... then it would!  First thing in the morning I lost my contact... may have even gone down the drain.  Now we aren't talking about one of those disposal soft lens types, but a plasma covered deluxe semi hard lens.  You know the type... cost money to replace and takes at least a week at the lab.  I went into a frenzy when I realized I couldn't see to drive because I didn't have my contact in my eye where it was supposed to be. By that time it was too late to recover it but I was sure I could find it.  Returning to the house I began the contact sweep dance... on the floor sweeping with my hands over every surface I had been close to.  When I dug out the flashlight the cats though I was playing a game and started chasing the beam which totally defeated the purpose of not stepping on the contact had it been there.  Giving up on that stage I dug out my glasses and proceeded to work late.  Always pleasant to walk into the building late mumbling some sort of excuse that only I think is important.  Returning home later in the day I had the great idea that if I took the sink apart I could actually find the contact and avoid ordering a new one.  Getting the tools, clearing out under the sink, finding padding to lay on, I began the disassembling process.  Whoa are those things ever tightened in there tight!  No luck...whats so ever with that project.  Then I started the process of calling the eye care clinic, shifting around with departments, being put on hold, being disconnected and finally talking to a person only to discover the person I usually deal with no longer works there.  Great!  That was music to my ears...NOT!  After a few hours the whole situation was taken care of with a credit card and a promise of a week's wait but at least I was feeling back in balance to go on with regular life.  Feeling great, I was excited that I had finally turned my luck around. I entered the office to make copies for my tutoring students.  Within a matter of minutes ...wham... the printer broke!  WTF.... here we go again!

No comments: