Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weird texts

I have been been participating in a 21 day online meditation where we have been working on self awareness and health.  During this meditation we have been guided to notice our bodies, habits, and thoughts.  Now before you think I am about to reveal any profound thought or revelation you can relax because I'm not there at the moment.  But, I have noticed one habit that might result in weird one word texts being inadvertently sent out to random people.  When I am using computer programs that do not have spelling corrections but tell you when a word is wrong, I find that I go to my iphone text messages and type in the word so I can get the correction.  Works way better than a dictionary and is far easier.  Problem is I may end up sending you a strange one word text by accident.  So while others are discovering way deeper thoughts, I am realizing that our actions have been shaped by technology as well in many small ways. (Now tell me that after using an apple product for any length of time you haven't gone up to  screen and tried to touch it and spread two fingers to change the size, only to realize the screen you are at isn't capable of that action.)  So... when you do receive these weird one text words... don't call or send me ?????... just know, I am just spell checking!

Whoa!!!!! Just discovered that Siri will give me spellings... awesome... so now if you hear me uttering one word in public... I'm not talking to you.. I'm just spell checking.

No comments: